- Starting Altitude: 3800m / 11020ft.
- Highest Altitude: 4290m / 12,445ft
- Walking Distance: 28 km / 17.5 miles
- Longest Day: Day 2, approximately 10 km/6.7 miles
- Coldest Night: Day 2 around 0º celsius
- Overall Difficulty: Moderate
- Highlight: Hiking alongside the Ausangate mountain, lagoons glaciers full nature and culture.
- Duration: 3 days/ 2 nights
- Trek Permits: Not, required for the trek.
- Departure Dates: any day with 2 people.
- Acclimatisation: Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.
Day 1: Cusco - Tinki - Upis
Early morning at 05:30 we leave the city of Cusco in a private transport, and drive 3hrs. along the Cusco – Puerto Maldonado highway on the way we pass through Urcos, Cattca, Ocongate, after an approximated 3 hours drive, we arrive in Tinki, (3800m/12464ft). then We continue 1 hr. to Paqchanta where We can enjoy of the hot springs and is the lunch place, we meet our wranglers and horses. We start our trek initiating a slight climb that crosses through puna (dry, high area with little vegetation) From here we already have beautiful views of the sacred Ausangate peak (6372m/20900ft). After lunch, we begin the walking for 3 hours and to reach our campsite in Upis at 4400m/14432ft. From this point, we may appreciate fabulous views of all the snow peaks in the area.
Day 2: Upis - Arapa Pass - Pukaqocha
After breakfast, our hike begin ascending for two hours to reach the Arapa pass (4850m/15908ft). We then descend 1hr. to Pucacocha lagoon our lunch place, nice palce with spectacular views of the surrounding snow peaks. After lunch, we continue on a long and slow ascent that will take us, after about two hours, to the next mountain pass, the Anantapata mountain pass (4900m/16072ft), from which we descend, for 2 hours, towards our campsite at Qoyacocha (4440m/14563ft).
Day 3. Qoyacocha - Rainbow mountain – Cusco
We hike 3 hrs. to reach the Rainbow mountain, We will be able to enjoy the view of numerous mountains around as well as of the Ausangate glacier, andean camels in their natural environment. The trek lasts for about 3 hours until we get to the stunning landscape of Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains). Here we will have about one hour to relax and take amazing pictures of this natural wonder. We then hike back to the starting point of the trek, and from there return to Cusco (arriving at approximately 19.00)
- Private transportation to head of trail
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- and camp staff
- Meals 2B, 2L, 2D.
- (Vegetarian option available)
- Double-occupancy tents and camping equipment
(includes dining tent,kitchen tent, and latrine tent)
- Horses to carry personal gear and equipment.
- Return bus to Cusco including transfer to your hotel
DOES NOT INCLUDED
- Tips, and extra spends
WHAT PASANGER MUST BRING
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag
- Bottle water
- Insect repelent
- Sun block
- Sun glasses
- Basic clothes change