- Starting Altitude: 3600m / 10945ft.
- Highest Altitude: 4120m / 12535ft.
- Overall Difficulty: Moderate
- Highlight: Hiking alongside the old and original inca trail and visit the ruins.
- Duration: 3 days/ 2 night
- Inca Trail Permits: Not, required for the trek.
- Departure Dates: any day with 2 people.
- Acclimatisation: Not you don´t need it.
- Walking Distance: 15 km / 13.6 miles
- Accomodation: Camping and 2 Star Hotel
Day 1: Cusco - Tambomachay - Huchuyqosqo
Early morning pick up from hotel at 06:30 and drive to Tambomachay (3800 masl.), inca ruins . Tambomachay is comprised of a series of ceremonial water fountains, The hike will start at this point, and will continue through puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa pass at 4020m/13186ft. Down the other side, we hike along a path that leads to Queullococha pass at 4185m/13727ft, where we may enjoy views of the lake with the same name. Surrounding the area in spectacular views stand the Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks. Continuing the path, we walk past the Queullococha Lake, to then climb towards the Challu Challu pass at 4220m/13842ft. We then ascend towards the fourth pass at Rumicruz at 4230m/13874ft. Finally, we descend towards the Pucamarca community at 4010m/13153ft,1 hrs. later we arrive in to Huchuyqosqo. Here we dine and camp. (L,D)
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo - Cusco
After the lunch we visit the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota river, and the snow capped mountain range of the same name. While in the complex, we have a guided tour for 2 hr. we continue 3hrs. our way to Lamay at 3000m/9840ft. Lamay is a town dedicated to agriculture and cattle raising. After the lunch We go by car to Ollantaytambo then by train to Aguas Calientes where we spend the night in a hostel. (B,L,D)
Day 3: Machupicchu – Cusco
Today we will go by bus to Machu Picchu, for a guided tour in the site (2hrs. approximately) and then you will have time to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu that overlooks the ruins. Return to Aguas Calientes at about 2pm to take the train back to Cusco. (B)
- Private transportation to head of trail
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train Aguas Calientes to Cusco including
- transfer to your hotel
DOES NOT INCLUDED
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes ( day 3)
- Tips, and extra spends
WHAT PASANGER MUST BRING
- Original passport
- Bottle water
- Sun block
- Sun glasses
Price per person US$ 410.00