- Starting Altitude: 4326m / 14189ft.
- Highest Altitude: 5020m / 16466ft.
- Overall Difficulty: Difficult
- Highlight: Hiking alongside the Andean mountains
- Inca Trail Permits: Not, required for the trek.
- Departure Dates: any day with 2 people.
- Acclimatisation: Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended
- Walking Distance: 14 km / 9 miles.
DAY 1: Cusco – Checacupe – Pitumarca – Quesouno – Cusco
We pick up you from your hotel around 04.30 am and start making your way to the Checacupe district (2 hour journey). Then we will continue to Pitumarca and a number of small villages till we reach the community of Quesuno (another 1.5 hours). From here we start our hike. We will be able to enjoy the view of numerous mountains around as well as of the Ausangate glacier, andean camels in their natural environment. The trek lasts for about 3 hours until we get to the stunning landscape of Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains). Here we will have about one hour to relax and take amazing pictures of this natural wonder. We then hike back to the starting point of the trek, and from there return to Cusco (arriving at approximately 19.00)
- Private transportation to head of trail
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Return to Cusco and transfer to your hotel
- Box lunch
- Entrance tickets
DOES NOT INCLUDED
- Tips, and extra spends
WHAT PASANGER MUST BRING
- Bottle water
- Sun block
- Sun glasses
Price per person US$ 70